- Sep 14, 2011
Everybody occasionally loves a funny or inspirational quote. I also particularly like champagne. Or Champagne if you prefer. Sparkling wine is enjoyable as well. With that in mind, here is a list of 40 quotations about champagne that I've collected over the last little while. I hope they, along with a tall, slender flute of perfectly chilled champagne, make your day.
40 quotations about champagne
1. "Come quickly, I am tasting the stars!"
~DOM PERIGNON, upon his first taste of champagne
2. "One glass of champagne and I smile, two and I grin, but three I'm ever so ready to sin."
3. "One holds a bottle of red wine by the neck, a woman by the waist, and a bottle of champagne by the derriere."
4. "Champagne, if you are seeking the truth, is better than a lie detector. It encourages a man to be expansive, even reckless, while lie detectors are only a challenge to tell lies successfully."
5. "There comes a time in every woman's life when the only thing that helps is a glass of champagne."
6. "My only regret in life is that I did not drink more champagne."
~JOHN MAYNARD KEYNES
7. "I only drink champagne when I'm happy, and when I'm sad. Sometimes I drink it when I'm alone. When I have company, I consider it obligatory. I trifle with it if I am not hungry and drink it when I am. Otherwise I never touch it - unless I'm thirsty."
8. "Why do I drink champagne for breakfast? Doesn't everyone?"
9. "Too much of anything is bad, but too much champagne is just right."
10. "Three be the things I shall never attain: Envy, content, and sufficient champagne."