- Sep 6, 2011
Whether entertaining family, friends or that special lady in your life, conducting yourself as a gentleman is what will take your evening to the next level. To help ensure you are equipped with the best advice to turn a good night into an inspirational one, chef Corbin Tomaszeski, host of Dinner Party Wars, developed the following gentleman entertaining tips, which we've been allowed to post here, on That's the Spirit.
A Gentleman's Guide to Entertaining
1. A gentleman always offers his guests a welcome cocktail.
2. A gentleman says “please” and “thank you,” readily and often, regardless of whom the gentleman is speaking to.
3. A gentleman is always ready to offer a strong handshake.
4. A gentleman never approaches a woman first at the bar or tavern.
5. A gentleman knows the most important part of a party is to be social and goes to every effort to make his guests feel comfortable.